Monday, May 16, 2011

Tidbits and ideas

My husband had a softball game on Sunday with his volunteer fire department.

First it was on, then off, then on, then off again. Needless to say the other team needed to forfeit.

But our guys were dressed and ready to go so we hauled our stuff to one of the parks so they could get some practice time in. 

Ended up another group of guys were there practicing (drinking) and they had a game against each other.

Got to love Sundays. 

My point? Oh yes, let me get back to my point.

I brought with me a notebook and I spent the majority of the 'game' writing down ideas and some dialogue to help expand my story.

I would like to add 5000 words to make it an even 60,000. I know this doesn't sound like a lot but its a simple romance novel not an epic fantasy.

It was nice to sit there, listening to the sounds of my friends and family all around me having a good time, writing down tidbits and ideas. It was relaxing.

Here are some of the comments I get when the boys walk by and see me writing:
-Writing some love notes, Heather?
-Whatcha writing? Your husband's honey-do list?
-Are you keeping score?
-Making a shopping list?

Granted, most of them don't know that I like to write smut, but its typical of these guys to think that I would spend my Sunday making a shopping list.

Back to my point...that is the new plan. Find some areas of the book that could use some expanding and...well...expand.


What did you do on Sunday?

9 comments:

  1. good for you. i've been beefing mine up too.
    dont you love patronizing drivel, passersby who feel the need to say something (i do the same thing...)
    we were rained out, 2 baseball games. oh well.
    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till you publish your first book. Then watch their tunes change. :-)

    I love Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent Sunday getting my significant other to do the laundry so I didn't have to. I fully intended to use my free time to work on my WIP but ended up having an impromptu Veronica Mars marathon instead.

    Good luck with the expansion. I'm doing something similar with my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KarenG - I know, right! Men. Can't live with them can't leave them on the curb when you're done with them.

    Tara - I hope the whole summer won't be like this with the rain every weekend.

    Liz - Love the support! Thank you!

    M.J. - Good for you! Mine is un-train-able.
    *pout

    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sundays are normally the day I write the most… but last Sunday I spent the day laying around and spending time with the family.

    Nice post, thx for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff - Great that you got some family time. I try to write around the family schedule but I think I get the short end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sundays are good.

    LOL-At least you take all the comments in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda - I suppose hanging around these guys so long I know better than to take them personally any more!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.