Thursday, May 19, 2011

What I take for granted...

Sometimes I forget how precious our lives really are until something just awful reminds me. 

I read so many tragic stories.

Someone lost a loved one.
Someone died of a terrible disease.
Someone went off to war and never came back. Someone walked home from school but never made it.

And I hear it so much that I forget to feel for the people left behind. The ones that have to endure the pain. The ones that suffer through the agony alone until it builds them or breaks them.

I forget to mourn. To cry for the living. Because it hurts too much. Because its easier to ignore it, bury it and move on.

I forget to take that extra moment to laugh with my family. Smile at my son. Steal an extra hug from husband before he leaves the house. Call my parents.

I take for granted that I will be here every day. That I will eventually do all the things that I want to do. That I will have the time.

Because there's always tomorrow, right?

5 comments:

  1. We never know what tomorrow will bring as I have recently discovered. Live today and enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we all get too comfortable this way.
    thanks for the reminder =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a procrastinator; I always think there is a tomorrow. It’s a good reminder not to take today for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting yet disturbing post Heather. Let's hope we all will be here tomorrow. Life is so uncertain. That is why we must live as much as we can each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Glad you understood the message. Live, love, hug and kiss. It's important.
    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.