Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm late...I'm late...for a very important date!

After a very long day out of the house yesterday I came home to find that the cable/phone/internet service had been restored!

We had lost those sometime on Saturday during the October snow storm. 

18+ inches of snow.

We were fortunate. We did not lose power or heat during the storm. I can't say the same for the rest of the tri-state area. For those unfamiliar with that term it's NY, NJ, CT.

We did lose a lot of branches, small and large, off of our maple trees. Again, we were fortunate that nothing hit our house.

I'll post some pictures shortly.

BUT!!!


Due to the lack of internet I was not able to post my 100 word story that I wrote for Tara Tyler Talks on Halloween!

 










So...better late than never...
------------------------------------ 
 
“I don’t believe in ghosts.”
“Really?” He moves close enough for me to see his pale blue eyes in the dim light of the hallway. “I believe in you.”
“You’re dead.”
“I am.”
I reach out to touch him. He’s solid. “You can’t be real.”
“Does it matter?”
“Of course it matters. Either ghosts do exist or my cheese has slipped off its cracker.”
“Maybe.”
“I buried you in this suit.” My body shivers. “Now what? Are you here to tell me something important? Finish your unfinished business?”
“I think I’m here to haunt you.”
“Why?”
“Because. You murdered me.”


------------------------------------

As promised...
Bumble Bee!


That is is for now.

I'll be back tomorrow for the Insecure Writer's Support Group!


How was your Halloween?

4 comments:

  1. Bumble Bee! Excellent costume.
    Glad you have Internet again.
    And I like the line about cheese slipping off the cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so grate! i mean great!
    i will be using that line!
    thanks for writing it! awesome drabble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, love bumble bee!

    and I am spotlighting you on my blog! (thx for doing my haunted drabble =) contact me & pick a friday in december! (taratylertalks + at + gmail + dot + com)

    and you stole my white rabbit line from my post for tomorrow! hey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex - Thank you! I'm glad I have the internet back too. I was feeling cut off from the whole world!

    Tara - Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it was late.

    Tara - He's too cute and he knows it.
    Thank you for the spotlight! I don't know what we will talk about but let's skip college football for that one! Sorry about the line!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.